DIALOGUE # 11 – FORGIVING
by Pr Denis Sand – email@example.com
Objective of today’s dialogue: invite group members to experience forgiveness and let others free as God does with us.
Additional resources: Forgiveness is not saying it is okay.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What are some of the most difficult things for people to forgive in our days?
• What are some of the most hard ones for you and why?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 103:1-5
• Holy is the Lord
• Light of the world
• Take time to give members the opportunity to give thanks for what God has been doing in their lives. Pray together giving thanks
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Matthew 18:21-35
• Considering the Jews teaching of forgiving someone up to three times, how can we make sense of Peter’s questions? v18,21
• When you analyze the main points of this story, how does it makes you feel about the man owing 10,000 talents, the 100 denarius man and the king?
• Why is God so concerned about us forgiving? Why is not forgiving so deadly?
• If God forgives us so much, why is it so hard for us to forgive others?
• What does it mean to forgive with all your heart? v35
• What would be appropriate to do when we don’t feel like forgiving?
• What should be done when the other person doesn’t ask for forgiveness? Consider Jesus example. Luke 23:34
• Read Luke 17:3-4. Why is God’s standard so high?
• What is it harder to forgive others or yourself? why?
• If you have a testimony of how you were forgiven (not how you forgave!) share it with the group.
• Who are you going to forgive and completely release this week?
• To do: Memorize Luke 23:34. Look for opportunities to forgive others!
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Write down the names of people you need to forgive. Following Jesus’ example forgive them.
• Select a day when the whole group will pray and fast for our group.
• Talk and plan multiplication of your group. Consider the why, when, where, who. What is God’s vision for us? how do I fit into it?
• How can this group pray for you tonight?
• Talk to people and find out the names of their friends who don’t know Christ yet. Challenge people you dialogue with to invite them to the meeting and new group.