DIALOGUE # 4 – NEED
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Challenge the group to accept Jesus as their personal Savior and recognize Him as the solution for our greatest need.
Additional resources: Desire of Ages, chapter 61, Zacchaeus 552-556. Bible study on the plan of salvation.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What was your greatest need when you were in elementary school?
• What do people say is their greatest need today?
• What is your greatest need that you have been struggling to fill?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalm 95:1-3
• We want to see
• Mighty to save
• Ask your group to pray together giving thanks for those things that God has done in their lives.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Luke 19:1-10
• What kind of man was Zacchaeus according to the text?
• Why do you think Zacchaeus was so desperate to see Jesus that in order to do it he is willing to climb a tree and make a fool of himself? v3,4
• Why do you think Jesus says “I must stay at your house today” v5?
• What is our greatest need according to this story? Consider v9,10
• What is our greatest need according to the following passages? Romans 3.23; 6.23
• What is the solution for our greatest need? John 3.16; Luke 19:6,10
• Review His Story (the gospel presentation): explain it in your words
o GOD is the Creator, is loving, holy, and just
o US we were created perfect, but became sinful by our choice, we deserve death, and we are spiritually helpless
o CHRIST is God, and became also a man, is perfect and without any sin, he died as our substitute, and offers his forgiveness as a gift
o YOU & I must respond, ask Christ to be our forgiver and Master, the result is spiritual transformation, obedience and a new life
• Make a call to accept Jesus as our Savior:
o How many here recognize we have a problem with sin, that you have tried to change many times and it hasn’t worked, that you and I need help from above, salvation from God?
o Do you want to accept Jesus as your personal Savior?
• Pray for those who have accepted Jesus as Savior.
• Invite those who accepted Jesus for the first time to commit to get to know Christ personally through Bible Studies.
• To do: Write now on a small card the key text of this week Luke 19:10. Carry it in your wallet or pocket, place it in your fridge or car and memorize it during this week.
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Do you know anyone who desperately needs to find a solution to their disoriented and lost lives? share their names and pray as a group for them.
• Call them tomorrow and tell them of God’s plan for their lives.
• Invite them to next week group meeting
• Find the way to get to know people while eating something. Remember, build relationships.