DIALOGUE # 5 – TEMPTED
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Challenge your group to make the Bible their guide and final authority for all their decisions.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What are some of the hardest things for people to resist in our days?
• What are some of the hardest things for you to resist?
• What is the most tempting food for you?
• When is it harder to resist these temptations?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 96.1-4
• I’m a friend of God
• My Jesus
• Ask your group to share what God has been doing in their lives for which they are thankful. Pray together giving thanks.
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Matthew 4:1-11
• How do you understand the reference saying the Spirit took Jesus to be tempted? Does it mean God wants us to be tempted? Why? v1
• What tools should we use in resisting temptation? What did Jesus use? v4
• Is temptation sin? Explain and discuss your answer. See Hebrews 4:15
• What is sin? Are the fruits of sin the same as sin? Explanation: sin is separation from God, Isa 59:1-2; example: Eve separates herself from God (sin) and then disobeys (fruit).
• Were you ever tempted beyond what you could resist? Would God allow such temptation?
• Read 1 Corinthians 10:13. What promises do you find here that would help you resist temptation?
• What is the end result of temptations and trials? see James 1:3
• In what areas are you being tempted more strongly lately?
• What steps can you take this week to resist the temptations you are facing?
• What is God telling you tonight that will help you in your transformation process?
• To do: Write now on a small card the key text of this week 1 Corinthians 10:13. Carry it in your wallet or pocket, place it on your fridge and memorize it.
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• How can we help those around us to resist temptations?
• Pray for those who are falling and giving in to temptation. Ask the group to invite them for next weeks meeting.
• What is God’s vision for your group? Ask people what they think.
• Discover the hobbies and passions of the people who come to the group. Begin to win their hearts!
Additional Resources: Desire of Ages, Chapter 12 – The Temptation, 114-123, and chapter 13, The Victory, 124-131