DIALOGUE #7 – PURE
by Pr Denis Sand – email@example.com
Objective of today’s dialogue: Invite the group to be completely pure and honor God with their lives.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What kind of things did your parents withhold or restrict from you when you were growing up?
• Why do you think they did it?
• What effects has that had in your life today? Good or bad? Explain
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 103:1-5. Distribute verses!
• Open the eyes of my heart
• Pray together givign thanks for the things God has done in your families.
• Pray together in groups of two
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Genesis 39:1-23
• Why do you think Joseph is in Egypt? Gen 37.26,27,36; Gen 45:6-8 God had a purpose!
• Why was God blessing Joseph so much? v2,3,5,21,23
• What can we learn from Joseph’s answer to sleep with his master’s wife? 39:7-9
• Could you explain what are some of the things that our Master has withheld from us and why? v8
• What are some of the consequences of not being pure?
• Read Colossians 3:5-6. What is Paul telling us here regarding purity?
• Why is it that God sets for us such a high standard of purity? Read Ephesians 5:3
• King David had no TV or internet in his days! But still he wrote this in Psalms 101:3, how can we apply his counsel to our lives?
• What kind of things or practices should we leave in order to obey today’s call to purity?
• What did the Lord tell you tonight? What will you do about it?
• To do: Write now on a small card the key text of this week Ephesians 5:3. Carry it in your wallet or pocket, place it on your fridge or car and memorize it during this week.
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Do you know anyone who needs to grow into being pure according to God’s standards?
• How can you help this person to see the need and be willing to change?
• Please pray and invite them to next week growth group meeting!
• How can this group pray for you?
• Don’t just eat! Please talk to visitors between bites!
Patriachs and Prophets, Chapter 20 – Joseph in Egypt