DIALOGUE # 18 – USEFUL
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: challenge people to make the Bible their guide for life, and to study it daily.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What is the most un-useful gift you have ever received?
• What are the characteristics of a useful gift?
• What is for you the most useful thing in your house today?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 119.89-91
• Thy word is a lamp to my feet
• Take time to praise God giving thanks for leading you in times of difficulties, challenges and temptations. Share your praise with the people in your group. Show God is ALIVE and working.
• Pray together
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read 2 Timothy 3.14-17
• What is Paul challenging young Timothy to do? v14
• How can we teach children-youth to really know the Bible? v15
• According to Paul what is the origin and purpose of the Bible? v16
• What are some of the practical things the Bible can do for us? or, what kind of benefit do we get from reading it? v15-17
• What does it mean that the Bible is God-breathed? v16
• Why is knowing the Bible so crucially important as Christians? v16
• How much time are you devoting to reading, studying and memorizing the Scriptures? Why?
• How would your life change if you were to read, study, memorize the Bible everyday?
• How would you summarize today’s study in one sentence?
• What is God telling you tonight to do?
• What changes do you need to make to your daily schedule in order to take full advantage of God’s Word?
• To do: Read together, repeat it out loud, challenge to memorize 2 Timothy 3.16
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• As the main leader of the group, share the vision of multiplication with passion.
• Challenge the group to read the gospel of John during this week. Ask each one to read 3 chapters a day. Ask for commitments. If someone doesn’t have a Bible, get one from church and give it as a gift. Give them also a guide to read the whole Bible in a year so they can mark this week reading and continue from there on.
• Take time to pray for people needs, you can ask: How can we pray for you tonight?
• Keep asking group members to invite their friends to the meetings and group activities.