DIALOGUE # 22 – STORM
by Pr Denis Sand – firstname.lastname@example.org
Objective of today’s dialogue: Challenge people to experience the peace that God wants to give us in the midst of the storms of life and to share that calmness and hope with others.
Welcome (15) – Fellowship
• What are some of the most usual difficulties that your student friends (or people in general) face in our days?
• How do they handle the stress from those situations?
• How do you usually handle stress or very difficult situations? Do you panic, look for distractions, procrastinate?
Worship (15) – Worship
• Read Psalms 46.1-3
• Shout to the Lord
• How great is thou art
• Take time to give thanks to God for the deliverance that he brought to you when you went through some hard times, storms of life. Briefly share it with the group.
• Pray together giving thanks
Word (30) – Discipleship
• Read Mark 4:35-41
• Why do you think Christians have to go through storms? V37
• Where is Jesus when we suffer in the midst of life’s storms? Why?V38
• How could Jesus sleep when His loved friends were scared to death and suffering? V38
• How do you feel and how do you react when Jesus seems to be sleeping while you are finding no way out of the storm?
• Since Jesus has the power to even control storms, what practical steps should we take when we find ourselves in one of them?
• Why is faith so important in facing the storms of our lives? V40
• How has God helped you cope with your storms or difficulties in life? Allow people to share 3 short testimonies.
• How can each one of us grow this week in our faith in Jesus? Give real ideas! Romans 10:17
• What do you think God is trying to tell you tonight?
• To do: Please read out loud as a group, and challenge members to memorize Psalms 46:1-3
Works – Witness (15) – Ministry & Evangelism
• Ask each person in the group to write down the names of friends who are going through some heavy storms.
• Ask each one to think and plan how they could share today’s message with them.
• When praying in groups of two, pray specifically for those names.
• Once again ask, each person if they need to be prayed for?
• Keep moving around, being friendly, getting to know people, loving them as Christ has loved you!
Additional Resources: Desire of Ages, 333-341 Chapter 35 – “Peace, Be Still”